At its discretion, AFTRS will make position(s) available to Indigenous Australians to attend an AFTRS Open Course.
Applicants will need to meet specific selection criteria.
To be eligible for assistance, applicants must address the following criteria:
- Identify and be accepted by their community as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person.
- Have relevant industry knowledge, experience and a commitment to using knowledge gained in the course in the future.
- The offer of a position on an Open course is solely at the discretion of AFTRS. AFTRS will not provide any reasons pertaining to these decisions.
- AFTRS reserves the right not to accept applicants into its Open courses.
- AFTRS reserves the right to cancel Open courses at short notice.
- A position(s) offered for Open courses are contingent on the Open courses running.
- If an Open course is deemed full prior to an application being received AFTRS will be unable to process the application. AFTRS will advise the applicant of proposed future relevant course dates for which the applicant may apply.
Image: Short course participants in Rockhampton
Informative, dynamic and a fun way to experience the film, television, digital media, and radio industries - for children, teenagers, the general public and industry at a variety of levels.