HOW AND WHEN TO APPLY?
- Award Courses generally open for applications in early September each year.
- Some courses, from time to time, reopen for a 'Mid Year Intake' usually in May
- Each AFTRS award course has its own specific entry requirements
- Entry into an AFTRS award course is competitive and is based on merit selection
You can review the outcomes, pre-requisites, course overviews,
course modules and the required
task for the course you are interested in before you apply - just select the course you are interested in
from the current award course list and drop down through the content to get all of the information you
WHO CAN I SPEAK TO ABOUT AWARD COURSES?
AFTRS Student Services coordinates student administration and provides information about Award Courses as well as advice for current and prospective students.
This includes information on:
- academic records
- course/program information
- program withdrawal
- leave of absence
- special consideration
- timetable and scheduling
Student Services opening hours:
Monday - Friday 9:00 am to 5.00pm
P: 1300 13 14 61 or +61 2 9805 6444
WHO CAN APPLY TO AN AFTRS AWARD COURSE ?
All AFTRS award courses are open to Australian and New Zealand*
citizens, Australian permanent residents and holders of an
Australian permanent resident humanitarian visa.
AFTRS does not offer courses to people with student (or other)
visas. The School is not registered on the Commonwealth Register of
Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS)
* New Zealand citizens are not eligible for FEE HELP
TIPS FOR APPLYING FOR AN AFTRS AWARD COURSE:
- Give yourself enough time to prepare your showreel/portfolio and supporting material to best demonstrate your creative potential
- Consider how you can best demonstrate your commitment to the screen and broadcast industries.
- Complete the required task in a way that best demonstrates your potential and commitment for the course you are applying to
- Ensure you address all of the selection criteria as requested - If your application has not addressed all of the selection criteria it will NOT be considered
- Ensure you deliver your application by the closing date .
Updated 29 Aug 2012
Got a question?
Need info about things like FEE-HELP, timetables & graduation ? Talk to student services ….
ALL AFTRS award courses are FEE-HELP approved. AFTRS is a recognised Higher Education Provider.
Every Wednesday AFTRS provides opportunities for prospective students and the general public to tour the school …